If radar data is not displaying within the app, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check to see if other radar sites are also not loading up within the app. If the issue is only impacting a single site, chances are the radar site is simply down. More information can be found here: Radar Data Not Updating
- Try changing between Radar Data feeds (found under the Options or Settings menu within the app). The two primary feeds for real-time data are RadarScope and NOAA. On rare occasions, there may be an issue with one of the data feeds.
- Check to see if the issue is present when connected to a wifi network. Compare the response when connected to a mobile network (where applicable). If the issue is impacting just one connection type, that indicates a network related.
- If the issue only seems to occur when connected to a mobile network, ensure mobile data is enabled on your phone. Some devices allow users to specify which apps are allowed to utilize mobile data, so ensure RadarScope is not blocked from mobile data access.
- If the issue persists, try some or all of the following:
- Restart the app (force close the app and relaunch)
- Restart your device
- Uninstall/Reinstall the app
If none of the above is helping to resolve the issue, troubleshooting from here can be a bit more tricky, as the cause is likely more technical and very specific to the particular user. It could be a firewall/VPN issue blocking radar data from the app. The device or network may not be allowing .nid files to be downloaded (the file type that RadarScope uses for the radar data). Or it could be something specific to device hardware itself. These issues can be reported to us from the Help - Support section of the app.