RadarScope Pro is an optional subscription package available via in-app purchase. It provides additional features and data for detailed analysis of storms. There are two tiers available.
RadarScope Pro Tier One is $9.99 per year and unlocks the following capabilities:
- Real-time non-gridded lightning data feed that animates with the radar.
- Tornado and severe thunderstorm watches covering the United States and Canada.
- Extended radar loops for up to 30 frames of Level 2 "super-res" data.
- The Inspector tool lets you investigate the numeric values of the radar imagery you are viewing.
- Dual-pane capability lets you compare two radar products side-by-side to obtain a more complete understanding of the weather.
- Ability to import custom color tables for radar products.
RadarScope Pro Tier Two is $99.99 per year or $14.99 per month. It includes the following capabilities:
- All features of Pro Tier One, listed above.
- Extended radar loops up to 50 frames of super-res data.
- Archived radar data allows you to view radar imagery from the past 30 days for all radars and products and non-super-res data from the past 18 months for NEXRAD and TDWR radars.
- Shear contours covering the United States allow you to detect rotation in storms to help identify a mesocyclone and provide a better idea of where there could be a tornado.
- Hail size and hail probability contours for the United States to determine where hail may have fallen and how large it was.
- SPC day one convective outlooks covering the United States.
- SPC mesoscale discussions covering the United States.
- Special weather statements from the U. S. National Weather Service and Environment Canada.
- Local storm reports from the U.S. National Weather Service.
- Detailed road maps.
- Satellite base maps.
- Ability to use one purchase of Tier Two across 5 devices, no matter their platform, through a connected RadarScope account.
(Note: This does not include the initial purchase of the application on other platforms.)
RadarScope Pro subscription fees cover our costs to obtain, process, and serve radar premium data feeds, ongoing maintenance and support, regular updates to ensure compatibility with and take advantage of the latest hardware and system software enhancements, and the development of new features.
To subscribe to RadarScope Pro, tap the Settings button in the app's navigation drawer, then select the Pro tab. From there, select your subscription tier and billing interval and follow the instructions for purchasing in-app content through Google Play. Once purchased, RadarScope Pro features are unlocked automatically.
- Open RadarScope.
- Tap the Settings menu item in the app’s navigation drawer.
- Tap the Pro tab.
- Tap the button for the desired subscription tier and follow the onscreen instructions to verify your purchase.
When upgrading from an active Tier One subscription to Tier Two, Google will apply the unused portion of your Tier One payment to an equivalent value of Tier Two access. Once that time frame expires, Google will auto-renew your subscription at the Tier Two price.
To downgrade your Tier Two subscription to Tier One, follow the instructions above for upgrading but select a Tier One instead of Tier Two. When you downgrade, it doesn’t take effect right away. Your Tier Two subscription will continue for the remainder of the period for which you’ve already paid. After the subscription time for Tier Two has ended, your subscription will auto-renew as Tier One.
Because subscriptions are sold and managed through each platform’s app store, they’re tied to your Google Play account. When you get a new device, you’ll first need to log in to Google Play using the same account you used to purchase RadarScope and RadarScope Pro. Once you have done so, RadarScope will restore your subscription upon launch.
If your subscription fails to restore, it could be because you’re signed in to the wrong Google Play account or because your subscription has expired. Refer to the online help provided by Google for managing your subscriptions on Android to verify that your subscription is active and that you’re logged into the correct Google Play account: <https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7644008?hl=en>.
If you’re logged in to the correct account and your subscription is valid but you’re still unable to restore it, contact our support team by navigating to in the in-app Help section and selecting Email Support.
Google Play provides an interface for viewing and managing all of your in-app subscriptions, and you can use it to manage your RadarScope Pro subscription. You can reach this by following the steps above for upgrading your subscription, and tapping Manage after signing in to Subscriptions.
Android doesn’t expose a way for subscriptions to be canceled inside an app, so you must do so through the Google Play subscription management page. Once you’ve opened the subscription management view, select the RadarScope Pro subscription and follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your subscription.
Note that Google doesn’t provide refunds for unused subscription periods. When you cancel your subscription, it will remain active until the next expiration date. When the subscription expires, the features will be disabled and you won’t be billed again unless you reactivate it.
Sharing Tier Two Across Platforms
To add a new device to your RadarScope Pro Tier Two subscription, you first need to register your Tier Two subscription on the platform from which you made the purchase. This will create an account you can use to log in from your other devices.